DREAM. DELIVER. ELEVATE.
In response to the pandemic, K&N Filters, an industry leader in high-performance automotive filtration products wanted to leverage its expertise to develop face coverings to help protect its loyal customer base.
STAGE 1: DREAM
- Lack of National Campaign Experience: The client had limited experience in developing and launching a national creative campaign to promote their new face coverings.
- First Product for People: The client was justifiably concerned about how their customers would react to the fact that a company is known for producing high-performance, high-quality filtration products for cars suddenly started to produce face coverings for people.
- Skeptical Customer Base: A considerable portion of K&N’s customer base strongly doubted the ability of face coverings to act as an effective deterrent against Coronavirus.
- Social Platform Restrictions: Social media platforms enforced considerable restrictions on using such words as “masks,” “protection,” “health,” and “safety,” which posed a significant messaging challenge.
- Late to the Market: With a scheduled late-September launch, and the market already flooded with face coverings manufacturers, the client risked appearing as if they were just another company jumping on the mask bandwagon in order to make a profit.
Reach out and let’s see how PeakActivity can help Dream, Deliver, and Elevate your business goals.
STAGE 2: DELIVER
After discussions with the client and identifying what we believed were the biggest challenges to overcome, in the Deliver Stage we implemented the following solutions:
- “Cover-Up – Show Your Stripes” Integrated Marketing Campaign: We conceived, developed, and executed a cohesive national campaign upon which all of our marketing efforts rested. The messaging that supported the campaign not only explained why K&N was the logical choice to produce face coverings but also that wearing a face-covering was a way to show your patriotism, as well as to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. The campaign included the following components:
- Email: We reached out to K&N customers via an email campaign, which directed them to a dedicated landing page that explained the benefits of wearing a mask, as well as the plan to eventually offer three versions of the mask, with each new version offering even greater protection.
- Social: To help amplify the “Cover-Up – Show Your Stripes” campaign we implemented the following social efforts:
- Month-Long Giveaway: In order to gather user-generated content, which typically is the best performing content, we launched a month-long giveaway of limited edition, cold air intakes, as well as signed face coverings from prominent racecar drivers. We also partnered with 12-15 well-known influencers within the automotive/racing world to help spread the word of the giveaway.
- Reputation Management: We created a social script that allowed K&N customers to offer their own opinions about face coverings but enabled PeakActivity to respond to those opinions in a positive way by promoting the benefits that come from wearing a mask, as well as its relation to showing your patriotism.
- Highly Strategic Language: We carefully crafted marketing messaging in order to avoid restrictions imposed by various social platforms. One creative way we avoided saying certain “red flag” words was by using emojis as substitutes for those words.
- Increased Posting Cadence: Due to the very short timeframe that we were working with, we implemented a more aggressive posting cadence on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
“Our mask launch, although faced with multiple challenges, was one of K&N Filter’s most successful product launches ever. We are thrilled with the amount of engagement, awareness, and sales generated through email and social platforms. PeakActivity’s support with strategy and execution across these channels is a major reason we achieved the results we did.”
- J.R. Badian, CMO
STAGE 3: ELEVATE
The third stage of our methodology, the Elevate Stage is where we look beyond the objectives of the initial engagement, and start planning and executing the next wave of solutions that best prepare and position K&N for long-term success. Since the inaugural launch of the face coverings campaign, we’re currently:
- Second Marketing Campaign: Developing the next national campaign to successfully launch and promote the more advanced, second iteration of face coverings.
- Influencer Nurturing: By sending additional face coverings to “real world” influencers as a “thank you” for their participation in the initial campaign, they have voluntarily continued to post about the face coverings promoting K&N to an even larger audience.
- Changing the Conversation: Since our first discussion with the client, the conversation within K&N has rapidly coalesced around the possibility of developing more filtration products designed specifically for people.
After implementing our multi-pronged launch of the “Cover-Up – Show Your Stripes” marketing campaign, we yielded the following results:
Conversions from social
Let’s Talk about Your Digital Marketing
Reach out and let’s see how PeakActivity can help Dream, Deliver, and Elevate your business goals