To ensure that your upgrade goes as smoothly as possible we recommend the following:
1. Evaluate and optimize your website, when appropriate before beginning any new implementations.
2. Don’t hire a firm if you’re going to ask them to make your site look and function like it does today. If you’re going to invest in your website then invest and plan for the future in your design, development, and performance.
3. Make sure your site changes, updates, and redesigns are data-driven from customer analytics by evaluating traffic to and on the current site. Make educated decisions.
4. Have brand and style guides already in place.
5. Provide the company you hire with your vision and let them provide you with wireframes and mockups to make sure they understand your vision.
6. Invest time in the research, discovery, and design phase. It will make the development, testing, and implementation phases go much smoother.