DREAM. DELIVER. ELEVATE.
Reimagining the Omni-Channel eCommerce Experience for Mor Furniture
Looking to build their online revenue channel, Mor Furniture turned to PeakActivity to transform its eCommerce fortunes from failing to fabulous.
STAGE 1: DREAM
The first order of business in the Dream Stage involved having candid conversations with stakeholders and employees, as well as listening to customer feedback. This gave us a comprehensive view of their customer journey and allowed us to identify, prioritize, and better understand which elements of the client’s website needed attention. At the same time, analysts began to evaluate data pertaining to conversion rates, site speed, bounce rate, and average order value. At the conclusion of this initial audit, PeakActivity identified the following as major site performance issues:
• User Experience: The overall site was aesthetically and functionally dated and hadn’t been optimized since it was originally built years earlier. In particular, the homepage—the literal “first impression” of the brand—was heavy on imagery which brought load times to a crawl.
• Digital Strategy: While the client was actively running t.v. spots and had in-store signage, from a digital perspective there were serious gaps. Their website lacked marketing messaging, leaving it with little to no promotional value. Their email strategy was directionless, both in terms of messaging and cadence. However, before we could solve those problems and establish and implement a holistic digital strategy we needed to deal with basic site performance issues, like load times and conversion rate. We even recommended to the client that they pause all paid media until the site was where it needed to be from a functional perspective.
• Analytics: The client lacked the resources, both human and technological, to implement any meaningful degree of analytics, which prevented them from gathering learnings on the fly. When we considered just how flawed the user experience was a concerted effort to incorporate analytics into the site would have gone a long way to alleviating many of the chronic performance issues that we identified.
• Talent: The client simply did not have all of the appropriate people they needed in order to support all of the functions necessary to establish and sustain success in the eCommerce space.
After experiencing seven consecutive years of declining online revenue due to a lack of strategic focus and significant technological challenges, our California-based furniture client turned to PeakActivity to transform its eCommerce fortunes from failing to fabulous.
Reach out and let’s see how PeakActivity can help Dream, Deliver, and Elevate your business goals.
STAGE 2: DELIVER
As a result of conducting a thorough audit, sharing our learnings with the client, and creating a clearly-defined roadmap, the Deliver Stage is where we put our recommendations into action.
• Redesigned User Experience: Created a highly intuitive, aesthetically pleasing user experience with seamless functionality at its core. The issues of inconsistent data and excessive use of imagery were fixed, creating a more logical, informative shopping experience. The checkout process was optimized to reduce cart abandonment and ensure a smooth purchase flow. These, as well as other UX fixes, ensured that the client now has a highly-effective eCommerce website that conveys a level of quality and adherence to today’s digital best practices.
• Digital Marketing Strategy: PeakActivity implemented a number of marketing initiatives to drive potential customers to the newly reimagined website. First, we developed a brand style guide to ensure consistency of visuals and message across all communication channels, including web, store signage, and t.v. We also created photography best practices to better support all product details pages. And, we developed a comprehensive email plan built firmly upon strategic cadence and relevant campaign messaging.
• Analytics: In addition to our initial site audit, we also conducted an analytics audit. As a result, we implemented a site-wide analytics tagging strategy which led to the development of a multi-faceted analytics dashboard, or “blueprint.”
This blueprint was deployed automatically every day and delivered to stakeholders, providing them with key metrics that allowed them to make informed business decisions. • Talent: We identified and assigned key eCommerce resources including some on-site that not only gave us the bandwidth to implement all of our recommendations but created an even deeper strategic partnership between ourselves and our client. The team included:
• User Experience Specialist
• Email Marketing Manager
• SEO Specialist
• Analytics Specialist
• Project Manager
“During our relationship with PeakActivity, we’ve seen steady YOY eCommerce growth. The eCommerce business for the company has grown upwards of 5x since we started our relationship in 2018. Not only has that growth been extremely helpful to the overall profitability of the company, we feel the residual effects in our brick and mortar stores now that customers can more easily research products and come in with a more informed idea of what they want.”
- Kate Bennet, VP Marketing & eCommerce
STAGE 3: ELEVATE
After incorporating our initial recommendations, and seeing such encouraging results, we shifted into the Elevate Stage of the engagement, explaining to our client that what we had done thus far was merely the first phase of optimizing their digital presence. And, that to create an even deeper online experience required a major technological shift. potential customers to the newly reimagined website. First, we developed a brand style guide to ensure consistency of visuals and message across all communication channels, including web, store signage, and t.v. We also created photography best practices to better support all product details pages. And, we developed a comprehensive email plan built firmly upon strategic cadence and relevant campaign messaging.
• eCommerce Replatforming: Moving the client’s website onto our “headless” eCommerce platform not only made for smoother, faster delivery, but it also provided an overall better experience than what more traditional eCommerce platforms could offer.
• Associate Application: We are currently developing an application for in-store associates that would make for a more seamless digital experience. It would provide the associate with the ability to perform such in-store actions as filling and “cashing out” a cart, checking up-to-the-minute inventory, and scheduling deliveries.
• Site Search: In order to drive more conversions we optimized their site search capability by making it much more user-friendly.
After implementing our multi-pronged launch of the “Cover-Up – Show Your Stripes” marketing campaign, we yielded the following results:
Sales from Email
Traffic from Email
Let’s Talk about Your eCommerce Strategy
Reach out and let’s see how PeakActivity can help Dream, Deliver, and Elevate your business goals